Also included in
- Duration:This is a 13-day unit for heritage speakers class about hybrid identity. Format: There are digital and PDF versions included. This unit is compatible with distance learning. The lesson plans included are written for in-person learning. Language: Student materials are in Spanish.Lesson Plan$45.90$52.00Save $6.10
- This is a bundle of all the materials I used in my third year of teaching a heritage speaker class. I teach the same students for three years so I created a three-year curriculum cycle. The material isn't necessarily more difficult in year three. All heritage students are in the same course regardle$198.45$220.50Save $22.05
Compatible with distance learning! This 3-page WebQuest about code-switching (both linguistically and culturally). Students watch videos and read web pages on their own. You could also work through this together as a class.
The digital versions are included as well as the PDF worksheet versions. Although the digital versions are included they are NOT editable.
The videos in the WebQuest are but this product includes the question sheets in an English version as well as a Spanish version.
- Students will define “code-switching.”
- Students will recognize the difference between code-switching and Spanglish.
- What is code-switching?
- How is code-switching a part of a hybrid identity?
- Is Spanglish code-switching?
- Do you code-switch?
The answer key is included for both the English and Spanish versions.
Duration: 1.5 hours-2hrs
HYBRID IDENTITY UNIT:
This product is included in the Hybrid Identity Unit for Heritage Speakers