Also included in
- It’s Black History Month!Over the course of the month I was highlighting the amazing work of various women of color in STEM. I created project-based activities celebrating Women of Color in STEM. In this bundle you will find: How the mathematician Gladys West contributed to the invention of GPS.How$9.90$11.00Save $1.10
It's Black History Month! This month I'd like to showcase the work of Women of Color in STEM. During the entire month I will be releasing different hands-on, STEM activities celebrating Women of Color in STEM. Gladys West is known for her contribution towards the invention of GPS. In this activity students will work on various sequencing activities, coding activities and geotagging. Sequencing events is a major part of coding and literacy. Students must be able to properly sequence events in code to get programs to execute properly. This is great cross-curricular activity that celebrates the incredible work of Gladys West
In this resource you will find:
- Video and Bio of Gladys West
- Intro to Algorithms
- Sequencing Events
- Mapping Events
I hope you enjoy this and happy teaching!
I hope you like it! If you are in search of more STEM/Virtual activities check these out:
- Preschool STEM: Loose Parts (Virtual & Classroom)
- NGSS Engineering Design: Rube Goldberg Machines (Motion & Stability)
- NGSS Forces & Interactions: Push and Pull Virtual Activities
And as always! Do check out my blog for lots of tips and tricks!