Cognates are such an important lesson to teach to new language students. Although they may have little to no experience with the language - there is still SO much they can recognize and understand when listening and reading.
This lesson includes...
- an explanation of cognates
- examples of cognates in different languages
- a sample paragraph in Spanish to look for cognates
- a hands-on activity
- a 3 question exit slip for students to demonstrate learning
- teacher instructions and printable alphabet signs for activity
Note: the slides are NOT editable to maintain the unique fonts and formatting.
After this lesson students will leave class feeling confident of all they are able to do and figure out!