Products in this Bundle (4)
Also included in
- This mega bundle includes distance learning resources for Spanish I units on cognates, the alphabet, introductions and greetings, and Spanish-speaking countries and nationalities. It also includes resources to help you start the year, including student and parent surveys, an infographic syllabus, an$31.25$34.75Save $3.50
This bundle combines two mini-units, one interpersonal speaking activity, and one project for a great start to distance learning in Spanish I aimed at helping students accomplish the following learning objectives:
- I can identify some Spanish words I know already;
- I can define the word “cognate;"
- I can identify a few written and spoken Spanish cognates;
- I can use cognates to understand some written and spoken Spanish sentences;
- I can identify the letters of the Spanish alphabet;
- I can understand and write down spoken Spanish letters, and
- I can spell my name in Spanish.
The two mini-units guide students through interactive editable Google Slides lessons that include notes, links to videos, practice activities, listening activities*, a speaking activity and quizzes. The speaking activity guides students through a spelling activity designed for use in videoconferencing breakout rooms. The project asks students to create a personal Spanish alphabet by picking a Spanish word for each letter from an alphabetical list of Spanish I vocabulary and cognates.
As a bonus, the bundle also includes a product that links to three editable Google forms that allow students to reflect upon the specific learning objectives before and after each lesson. This helps you assess students' prior knowledge before each lesson, and what they feel they've learned or may need to work on after each lesson.
These activities will help students build confidence as they are exposed to the Spanish language for the first time, and the alphabet project gives you an opportunity to learn more about the things your students care about. I encourage you to check out the preview files included in each individual product description for more information.
*Please note before you buy:
- Most teachers and students will be able to access the audio files for the listening activities by clicking directly on the files in each Google Slides presentation. However, due to current technology restrictions, if you work in a district where students are not allowed to access files shared with them from someone outside of the organization, they will not be able to access the audio files within the presentation. For that reason, I have provided the audio files for each mini-unit in .mp3 form in case you run into trouble and need to distribute them separately.
- I recorded all listening activities myself, and you can get a preview for what my Spanish accent sounds like in the video preview file of the alphabet mini-unit description.
- These products include .pdfs and links to editable materials on Google Drive. No editable Microsoft Office products will be provided.