Enhance your monthly calendar patterns with this coin challenge! 3"x3" cards fit perfectly into standard classroom calendars. Students will practice counting coin combinations to determine the daily pattern. Applicable to any month! Included:
•31 calendar cards
•detailed lesson plan, including ways to differentiate through questioning.
If you like this product, look for our other calendar patterns!
Learning experiences are directly correlated with the Common Core State Standards:
1. Make sense of problems and persevere in solving them.
2. Reason abstractly and quantitatively.
3. Construct viable arguments and critique the reasoning of others.
4. Model with mathematics.
5. Use appropriate tools strategically.
6. Attend to precision.
7. Look for and make use of structure.
8. Look for and express regularity in repeated reasoning.
CCSS.Math.Content.2.MD.C.8 Solve word problems involving dollar bills, quarters, dimes, nickels, and pennies, using $ and ¢ symbols appropriately. Example: If you have 2 dimes and 3 pennies, how many cents do you have?
Look for more I.D.E.A.S. For Teaching! We strive to create Integrated, Differentiated, Engaging, Activities & Strategies for Teaching.