A chance to make your money count for more! Make it count for fun and great thinking adventures with these challenging logic and math puzzles. Skills developed and exercised by these puzzles activities include:
• analyzing statements about relationships
• integrating two or more constraints on a system in the
process of finding a solution
• generating more than one solution to a problem
• discovering redundant information in the problem solving
• developing precise, sometimes genuinely creative, written
statements about relationships
• evaluating a solution to determine if it meets all the given
These puzzles also give problem solvers the opportunity to make use of their knowledge of money, sums, products, differences, multiples, fractions, prime numbers, square numbers, divisibility of numbers, and averages.
The object of the basic puzzle is to make a line of coins that satisfies all the clues. In the second section the challenge is to find two solutions and use your creativity to write clues to distinguish them. In the third section you solve the puzzle, then decide if it has a clue that’s not needed. The last section is a mixture of the first three.
Age range is 3rd grade to adult. The book has 108 puzzles. Note: The puzzles were first published by Learning Resources as Coin-Clue Puzzles. More recently MindWare published them as Coin Clues Level B. Please visit my TpT store for more puzzles: Evelyn Christensen Puzzles-Math-and-More.