This is a set of 48 coin riddle task cards for mixed groups of US coins with a total of one dollar or less. The set also includes a board game and a template for a write your own riddle activity.
Here are some ideas for using the cards:
* Use a card or two each day as spiraled review and/or number talks. Solve the cards together, having students explain their answers.
* Use as a whole class activity. Partner your students, giving them real coins to use. Display a riddle card on your interactive board. When the partners solve the riddle, have them write the answer on their whiteboards (more practice writing amounts with dollar and cents notation!) and hold them up to show you, a quick and easy way to do some informal assessment.
* Post the riddle cards around your classroom for a Read the Room activity as part of your math centers. Provide your students with copies of page 14 to record their answers. There are 48 riddle cards – and that's such a nice divisible number! You might choose to post only a portion of the cards and use them for multiple sessions of Read the Room, cutting the answer key apart as needed: 2 sessions of 24 cards each, 3 sessions of 16 cards each, or 4 sessions of 12 cards each.
* These cards are also great for Scoot! Put the cards on desktops around your classroom, with each student starting on a different card. On a given signal, students move ahead to the next card until all students have solved all of the cards.
* These cards are easy for parent helpers to use. They’re also great for tutors or peer tutoring/buddy classes.
* Use them as task cards for early finishers.
Thanks for your interest in this resource! You'll also like Superhero Coins Task Cards
Linda Nelson grants permission to the original downloader to reproduce material for his or her own classroom use only. No other part of this work may be reproduced in whole or in part by electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without permission in writing from the author.
CLICK HERE to return to my store page!
Would you like to save money on future TPT purchases? It’s easy!
• Please go to your My Purchases
page. Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback
button. Just click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment about the product. Your feedback is important to me! It helps me to improve products and design the new resources you need for your classroom.
Be the first to know about my newest resources:
• Look for the star
near the top of any page within my store and
click it to become a follower
. You’ll get an email update whenever I post a new resource. You’ll also find an occasional “Followers Only” freebie in your TpT inbox, just to say thanks!☺
Follow me on Pinterest
Primary Inspiration Blog
Primary Inspiration Teaching Resources on Facebook
Primary Inspiration on Instagram