"I Have, Who Has" game for 5 players
I allow my students to use their Coin Reference Sheet
during this game if they need assistance remembering the coins and values.
1) Coin Names - Heads Side
2) Coin Names - Tails Side
3) Coin Names - Heads and Tails mixed
4) Coin Names - Heads and Tails mixed
5) Single Coin Names and Values - Heads and Tails mixed
6) Single Coin Names and Values - Heads and Tails mixed
Prep: Print cards on cardstock and cut out. Be sure to keep the sets separate from each other.
- Shuffle cards and distribute one card to each student in the group. If you are playing with fewer than 5 students, give strong students an extra card. As you distribute the cards, encourage students to begin thinking about what coin name or value they have, so they can be prepared to read it when the corresponding question is asked.
- When all cards are distributed, ask “Who has the first card?” The player who has the first card will read their answer (“I have the first card.”) and the question that follows.
-The player who has the answer to that question, reads his/her card. Play continues until the person with the last card reads “The End.”
-To make the game more challenging, use a stopwatch to time the game. Encourage students to beat their best time as they continue to play the same game.