This 29 page download is a great resource to use to teach students about how the USA and USSR became Super Powers after World War II. It explains how the competition between the two countries almost led to a nuclear war, as well as information about the Berlin Wall and the Chernobyl Nuclear Disaster.
This file contains the following learning activities:
- Cold War Notes (Outcomes of WWII, Origins of the Cold War, Events during the Cold War, Events that led to the end of the Cold War)
- Cold War Political Cartoon and Questions
- Four Summative Activities/Tasks
- Formative Assessment with Answer Key
- Chernobyl Mini Lesson and Task
This activity is an excellent introduction or review for students. The language can often be difficult for students, but this presentation puts it in a clear and logical understanding. I find that this unit leaves students wanting to research and learn more about the Cold War time period.
****BUNDLE AND SAVE!! This file is part of my Europe History Bundle!****