Churchill v. Stalin Primary Source Analysis
introduces students to the beginnings of the Cold War with Winston Churchill’s, The Sinews of Peace
speech where he famously coined the phrase, “Iron Curtain.” Students analyze his speech using common core questions, and continue with Joseph Stalin’s response. These two documents helps give an understanding of the threat that each side feels about one another. This can be used in class or as homework as it’s a completely stand alone assignment. This is also perfect for substitute teacher plans. A key is included.
Get this resource along with the entire unit, including PowerPoints, warmups, worksheets, a video guide, review Kahoot!, crossword review, assessment and lesson plans by snagging Cold War Unit Bundled- PPTs, Worksheets, Lesson Plans+Test
• The Space Race Video Guide - Online Video Link Included
• Cold War PowerPoints w/Video Clips + Presenter Notes (World History)
• Cold War Timeline - Common Core Aligned
• Vietnam War Summary Informational Text Analysis
• Cuban Missile Crisis: Kennedy v. Khrushchev Primary Source Analysis
• Cold War Crossword Puzzle Review
• Cold War Unit Bundled
More stuff on the way, “follow me” to be the first to know about new products!
Also, follow me on Pinterest at World History Ideas
or World History TpT Store
The Cold War
The Sinews of Peace speech