Cold War Events Timeline & Mapping Activity
Cover the major events of the Cold War
and practice the skills
of timelining and mapping
with this easy prep lesson resource!
This presentation is an activity in which students read and discuss 12 cold war events
, create symbols for the events, map the locations
discussed, and timeline the event
A Cold War era map
will be needed (I recommend larger paper maps if possible).
Events are followed by 10 wrap-up questions on the activity and additional summary questions on the Cold War.
This was developed for my AP World History class, but I also used it in my general World Civilization classes with some time modifications and the assistance of Atlases!
• Cold War Assignments with Student Choice for Multiple Intelligences
• Cold War Infographics Analysis Google Drive Interactive Lesson
• Cold War Primary Source Activity Bundled Set - Homework, Teamwork, Class Review
• Cold War SPRITE Reading & Social Studies Graphic Organizer
• East Germany Berlin Wall Account Cold War Primary Source Analysis Activity
• George C Marshall Plan Harvard Cold War Speech Document Analysis
• Kennedy Khrushchev Cuban Missile Cold War Primary Source Analysis Activity
• Ronald Reagan Berlin Tear Down That Wall Speech Document Analysis Cold War
• Roots of the Cold War Powerpoint w/ Core Content Notes and Pictures
• End of 20th Century COMPLETE UNIT Quick Coverage Cold War & Beyond
• World History Primary Source Analysis BUNDLED SET! French Revolution to Cold War
See my TpT Store for other great Social Studies activities!