Cold War through September 11th History – A Fourth Grade SMARTBoard Introduction is a SMARTBoard 4th grade level instructional presentation
It includes: a SMARTBoard presentation of the text along with two interactive slides that are also available in PDF format to print and issue as classwork, homework, or attach/incorporate into an interactive notebook (after matching definitions with pictures, definitions may be secured to interactive notebook and edge of matching picture can be secured on top of it so it may be flipped up for study purposes). Students can also complete the activities during the presentation as reinforcement for the presentation.
The presentation includes:
• Introductory terminology (communism, civil rights, discrimination, and terrorism).
• The Cold War explained
• Introduction to the Korean War (38th parallel explained)
• Martin Luther King Jr. and the Civil Rights Movement
• The space race and Neil Armstrong on the Moon
• Vietnam War and reasons some citizens were against U.S. involvement
• Terrorism explained along with 9/11
• Computer advancements over the past 50+ years
• Alternative energy introduced
The last 2 slides are white-background slides used for the printables. The printables are already in PDF form in the package. The white-background pages are not included in the total pages. I include them in case you would like to change any of the data and recreate the printables.
The interactive/review slides and printables:
• Activity one has students identifying terminology through a matching activity. Terms included are discrimination, Cold War, civil rights, communism, Korean War, space race, alternative energy, Vietnam War, Martin Luther King Jr., Neil Armstrong, terrorism, and Homeland Security.
• Activity two has students identifying chronological events through a matching activity on a timeline. Events include Cold War, Korean War, civil rights movement, Vietnam War, Neil Armstrong on Moon, and September 11 attack.