Student note page. Objectives are
1. Describe US Change in foreign Policy from isolationist to interventionist
2. Debate whether the Yalta Conference was successful at promoting world peace
Describe US Isolation policy during World War II
What are some Events / Actions that led US to a new foreign policy of intervention?
What is a Superpower?
What is the role of a Superpower?
Since the US is the sole Superpower in the world today, do you think we should be involved in other countries business? Why or why not- use specific examples
– QUESTION: Was the Yalta Conference a success or a failure in promoting future world peace?
• Take a Stand
• Support your view with specific examples from your notes or text.
• Use a core democratic value in support.
• Give an opposing point of view
Introduce the Topic: Take a Stand and restate the thesis: Was the Yalta Conference a success of a failure in promoting future world Peace?
C- Cite: Cite specific reasons from your notes
E- Explain- Why based the your Cited evidence did the Conference at Yalta promote or not promote world peace? Give detailed reasoning here and you can also use outside information/ realworld examples
D-Done- revert back to thesis with a “fancy” closing word like hence, thus, therefore…