This bundle includes a lot of fun resources for students to learn from. Many are primary and secondary resources. In addition, many of the activities incorporate technology.
ANSWER KEYS included!
Here's what included:
Activity Package: The Cold War Begins
Activity 1 - Overview of the Cold War
Activity 2 - Mapping activity of post-war Europe (the-map-as-history.com - subscription required - the best mapping website you will find)
Activity 3 - Satellite states of Europe
Activity 4 - Division of Germany
Activity 5 - Events early in the Cold War
Activity 6 - Nuclear attack - students choose a bomb and using a website determine the different effects that would result. They can choose their home as the epicenter. Great website!
Activity 7 - Political cartoon
JFK Assassination Investigation
Students complete profiles on all those involved in the assassination and complete an investigation to determine who was truly responsible!
Activity Package: The Cold War Continues
- Activity 1 - Cuban Missile Crisis and Vietnam (map animation - subscription based, or simply complete as oral lecture using answer key).
- Activity 2 - Vietnam - students view primary footage of Vietnam on YouTube. They also listen to music about Vietnam!
- Activity 3 - American Foreign Relations with USSR and China (based on free online textbook)
- Activity 4 - Berlin Wall - students view primary footage of the fall of the wall in 1989.
Cold War Scavenger Hunt!
- A fun activity where students search for how the Cold War impacted entertainment. Students are separated into groups and given a specific task. Each group makes a simple presentation (using an attractively designed template) to the class.
Very clear teacher instructions included!
Smartboard Review Activity!
- All drag and drop activities based on the activity packages.
- Students can actually complete most review pages at home (instructions included).
Mini-Project: The Year 1968
- What a crazy year! Students have four creative and interactive options to choose from.
Like the resources? Follow my page and check out all my American History packages, bundles and units! Consider buying the whole course. See below:
Complete American History Course