This product includes everything you need to teach a 19-day unit on The Cold War in America for your secondary U.S. History class.
Purchase in BUNDLE and you will automatically save 20%
off of each product! You will also get any updates or added products for FREE!
A pacing guide and detailed lesson plans are included!
“Work smarter not harder!”
This purchase includes the following products:
1. 1-page handout: Unit Introduction (includes standards, essential questions and vocabulary terms)
2. 1-page: Budget Vocabulary Matrix
3. 1-page extra credit film worksheet
4. The Cold War in America Preview in Pictures Presentation
5. World Organizations Scavenger Hunt WebQuest
6. Cold War Introduction – Ideologies CLOZE Notes Activity
7. Who Started the Cold War? DBQ
8. Early Cold War Timeline Google Maps Activity
9. Bay of Pigs to the Cuban Missile Crisis Presentation
10. McCarthyism – Communist Hysteria in America Lecture Presentation
11. The Vietnam War U.S. Intervention Lecture Presentation
12. Vietnam War Protest Songs Analysis Activity
13. US Foreign Policy in the late Cold War “Tweet” Activity
14. Cold War in America Test and Review Game
15. Extra Credit Film Questions
To See my other products related to The Cold War for World History follow the link:
The Cold War in America
Unit is related to California Standards:
Standard 11.9 Students analyze U.S. foreign policy since World War II.
1. Discuss the establishment of the United Nations and International Declaration of Human Rights, International Monetary Fund, World Bank, and General Agreement on Tariffs and Trade (GATT) and their importance in shaping modern Europe and maintaining peace and international order.
2. Understand the role of military alliances, including NATO and SEATO, in deterring communist aggression and maintaining security during the Cold War.
3. Trace the origins and geopolitical consequences (foreign and domestic) of the Cold - War and containment policy, including the following:
o The era of McCarthyism, instances of domestic Communism (e.g., Alger Hiss) and blacklisting
o The Truman Doctrine
o The Berlin Blockade
o The Korean War
o The Bay of Pigs invasion and the Cuban Missile Crisis
o Atomic testing in the American West, "mutual assured destruction" doctrine, disarmament policies
o The Vietnam War
o Latin American policy
4. List the effects of foreign policy on domestic policies and vice versa (e.g., protests during the war in Vietnam, the "nuclear freeze" movement).
5. Analyze the role of the Reagan administration and other factors in the victory of the West in the Cold War.
6. Describe U.S. Middle East policy and its strategic, political, and economic interests, including those related to the Gulf War.
7. Examine relations between the United States and Mexico in the twentieth century, including key economic, political, immigration, and environmental issues.
Follow My Store!
To follow my store simply click on “follow me” under Chalk Dust Diva on the top of my store page. You will be the first to receive notifications when I post new products and have sales.
Pay with a Purchase Order!
At checkout, click edit if you need more than one product. You can purchase additional classroom licenses at a reduced cost. Then, click on checkout. At the top, click on the Purchase Order tab. Follow instructions for the P.O. TpT will save your order and when the P.O. is received, your downloads will be available for you on the website. You will receive an email that will let you know when payment has been received.
Leave Feedback and Earn Credits
Don’t forget to leave feedback after you purchase a product! Leaving feedback also earns you "credits" which can be used for discounts on future purchases. I would very much appreciate your positive feedback!