PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
0.31 MB | 1 pages
This is another version of the dot game. Students would need to know how to collect like terms and evaluate expressions to be successful. This version is a pdf file. I also have a word file but I figured the pdf would be easiest if your word isn't the same updated version of the one I have. The formatting would not work which would make the dots go everywhere. Here are the directions:
Each player takes a turn to draw a line that joins two adjacent dots either horizontally or vertically.
• When a player completes a whole box, he or she gets to identify ownership of that box by shading it in with an assigned color or by placing an initial inside. Then that player must write down their expression on another sheet of paper.
• After all the boxes are enclosed, each player needs to combine all their like terms together to make a simplified expression.
• Each player must then evaluate their simplified expression for x = 3 and y = -2. The player who has the larger value, wins the game.
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store.