Collection of Sight Words, Mini Booklet 1, can be used in many ways for Kindergarten and Grade 1 students. Sight words are essential for a student to master reading skills. Each grade has a different set of sight words, and each set of words helps to build the other. Students are encouraged to remember and use Sight words already learned in the early years, and hence the number of sights words keeps growing.
It becomes difficult to follow the basic principles of phonics while using sight words, and hence it becomes a little harder for kids to understand and say them correctly. Early readers need a proper strategy for decoding unknown words. Sight words build confidence and help in better understanding the meaning of a sentence. A child who has mastered the list of sight words nicely can also recognize at least half of a sentence.
Sight words help promote reading comprehension and help by giving clues to the context of the text a child is reading. A child who has mastered sight words can easily decode the meaning of lines written in the paragraph.
Mini Booklet 1 sets a stage for reading success with a wide variety of sight word worksheets. The pack includes individual mini packages for five sight words to give holistic learning and mastery of each sight word. This Mini Booklet 1 covers five sight words and, the, look, you, and see with each sight word booklet has 20 sheets. There are eight worksheets in Master Booklet that carry all the five sight words together. The worksheets provide an excellent way to revise all the sight words at a glance. In total, this booklet has 105 worksheets for students to enjoy and to learn sight words in a fun way. Here is the list of worksheets included in the package.
- Fluency Phrases: The student learns to recognize sight words by reading different sentences written in a similar pattern with the same sight word.
- Dabbing Fun: The student learns to recognize and recollect the sight word correct spellings by coloring the circle with the correct name.
- Sentence Mats: The student learns to read the sentence and fills the missing sight word in the blank.
- Word Search: The student learns to hunt for the sight word written vertically or horizontally. After completing the hunt, the child writes the count of the sight words found in the box.
- Sentence Match: The student learns to read the sentence written by recollecting the sight word learned and match the sentence with the correct picture.
- Learning Fun: The student learns to recollect all the learning about the sight word by doing different activities. Recollect correct spellings of sight word, tracing, and writing it on the lines. The student also learns to hunt for the sight word in the sentences given. The student will then learn to write a sentence on the lines provided and illustrate the same by drawing pictures.
- Sentence Building: The Student learns to unscramble the sentence and then re-write it in the correct order.
- Sentence Scramble: The student learns to unscramble the words and write the sentence correctly.
- Unscramble Fun: The student learns to unscramble and write the sentence correctly.
- Sentence Building: The child learns to rearrange the words written correctly and then write them on the given lines.
- Drawing fun: The child reads the sentences given and then tries to draw the same picture in the space.
- Pocket Booklet 1: A fun learning activity in which the student will learn to cut on lines and then make a booklet. The child tries to recollect and read the sentences with the sight word given. The picture prompts make it easier for the child to read a few words.
- Pocket Booklet 2: A fun learning mini booklet with various sight word activities. The child hunts, colors, traces, and builds the sight word.
- Activity Fun: The student colors and makes a playing card of the sight word given. Recollects the sentences learned so far and tried to write any three sentences using the sight word.
- Sentence Mats: The student learns to cut, rearrange, and paste the words correctly to make a sentence. The sentence mats can be useful for daily reading and learning.
- Sight Word Revision: Mini booklet covering all the five sights words together. This booklet will help the child re-revise all the concepts of sight words learned so far.