This collective nouns classroom resource is filled with fun and engaging activities created to address and practice second grade Common Core Standard L.2.1.A: Use collective nouns (e.g., group). All the activities included work well as primary literacy centers.
The following activities are included:
• Collective Noun Show Down Board Game
- This is a partner or small group game. As they play, students will identify the collective noun in a given sentence. An answer key is provided for immediate feedback.
• Collective Noun Puzzles
- 16 puzzles are included, along with recording sheet and answer key. Students will match the picture to a collective noun and use a dry eraser marker to fill in the blank.
• Collective Noun Task Cards
- 24 task cards with recording sheet and answer key are included. Students will choose the correct collective noun to finish the sentence from a choice of four and record answers on their recording sheets. Perfect for a scoot style game, or display them on a projector for a whole class activity.
• Collective Noun Fill-Ins
- Perfect for assessment! Students will use words from a provided word bank to fill in blanks and complete a story. Two stories are included.
These activities are great practice for ELL/ESL students as well! Suggestions for modifications are included in the teacher's note in the first few pages of the file.
Please download the preview for a closer look at each activity!
Looking for literacy centers to address other language skills? Visit the literacy center section of my store
If you enjoy this product, please consider following my store. I post new products and freebies regularly! You can contact me with any questions or requests at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Amanda Taylor @ Second Grade Smiles