This interesting and engaging lesson enables students to define and identify collective and plural nouns, to be able to use collective and plural nouns accurately, and to demonstrate knowledge of spelling and grammar rules and patterns related to collective and plural nouns.
The lesson follows a clear, logical, bite-size learning journey, which guides students towards differentiated learning objectives. Over the course of this journey, they become able to:
- Define what collective and plural nouns are;
- Research and identify different collective and plural nouns;
- Understand patterns and rules in the use of collective and plural nouns;
- Understand how verb form can alter dependent upon whether a noun is collective or plural;
- Write accurately using collective and plural nouns, including the use of the correct noun-verb agreement.
- Peer assess each other's learning attempts.
This resource pack includes:
- A visually engaging whole-lesson PowerPoint presentation;
- Clear and interesting worksheets to record student responses;
- Answer sheets to check student understanding;
- A detailed lesson plan, complete with what the teacher and students should aim to achieve at each stage of the lesson.
All images are licensed for commercial use, and are cited on the final slide of the PowerPoint/ the bottom of worksheets.