Also included in
- ****This bundle includes a set of 4 FREE select anchor charts from my Close Reading Teacher Tools on teaching close reading, text structure, text features, and text-dependent questions****This collection of informational articles on Latin America includes close reading passages and comprehension que$8.00$12.00Save $4.00
- What’s included:Country Articles:8 carefully-researched articles on Latin American countries Costa Rica, Panama (2), Peru, Colombia, Ecuador, Brazil, VenezuelaSelf-Guided jot sheets targeting CCSS-Aligned Skills8 pages of Questions8 Answer KeysText-Dependent Question Guide for teachers4 anchor chart$15.00$19.00Save $4.00
- Build literacy skills with with CCSS-Aligned Toolkit and Article Set. The articles discuss interesting and relevant topics in Latin America. Challenge students to dive into these informational articles, while developing their understanding of text structure, text features, author's purpose and point$12.00$17.00Save $5.00
Welcome to Colombia! | Bienvenidos a Colombia!
Learn about Colombia through this close reading passage and set of comprehension questions. Use this resource to develop literacy, decode multi-syllabic vocabulary, understand text features, practice answering questions with text evidence, and learn about other cultures. This close reading passage and questions share interesting information of what life is like in Colombia. The author wrote this while in Colombia. The pictures belong to her and show the life and landscape around the central region in Colombia. Enjoy reading and discussing a special country. Continue to check out Globally Taught this month for more close reading passages and other multicultural activities.
- 2-page informational texts on rural/urban life in Colombia
- Multi-step guided jot sheets specific to each text
- Text-Dependent Question Guide
- Comprehension Questions
- Answer Key
Common Core Standards covered in this product:
- Text Features (CCSS RI.3.5)
- Images and Diagrams (CCSS RI.2.7; RI.3.7; RI.4.7)
- Point of View (CCSS RI.2.6; RI.3.6)
- Main Idea (CCSS RI.3.2; RI.4.2)
- Ask and Answer Questions (CCSS RI.3.1; RI.4.1)
- Text Evidence (CCSS RI.4.8; RI.5.8)
SUGGESTED USES: This product is perfect for whole-group close reading, small-group interventions, literacy centers, sub plans, guided reading, or home learning.
LEXILE: 600-850 | FOUNTAS & PINNELL: M, N
Distance Learning: Print at home to practice reading and understanding informational texts.
*This product is a non-editable PDF*
Global Readers Latin America BUNDLE (20% OFF)
Stay updated on upcoming holidays, festivals and celebrations with my Cultural Diversity Calendar 2019-2020 including over 400 world holidays!
FREE TPT CREDIT
1) Go to your My Purchases page
2) Next to each purchase you will see a "Provide Feedback" button
3) Click it and you will be directed to a page where you can give a rating and comment on each product.
*Every time you leave feedback for products you have purchased you will be given credit to use on future purchases like this one! Feedback also helps me continue to make products that suit the needs of your classroom.*
To hear about LATEST SALES AND NEW PRODUCTS, click the green star next to my name to follow my store!
This product is licensed for single user/single classroom use. If other teachers at other grade levels or schools are interested in this product, please send them to my store at https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Store/Globally-Taught. This is my original work and I have put a lot of time, effort, and energy into creating it.
Credit to the creators of the images/borders is given in the product.
Annie Wilcox @Globally Taught