Colonial America: Colonies and the Reasons They Were Established Cut and Paste Activity Cut and Paste Activity - King Virtue's Classroom
Students will love applying what you've taught them during your Colonial America unit with this cut and paste activity. It's a great tool to use to review describing the religious and economic events and conditions that led to the colonization of America. Fun and engaging!
Colonies and the reasons they were established
• Roanoke Island (Lost Colony) was established as an economic venture.
• Jamestown settlement, the first permanent English settlement in North America (1607), was an economic venture by the Virginia Company.
• Plymouth Colony was settled by separatists from the Church of England who wanted to avoid religious persecution.
• Massachusetts Bay Colony was settled by the Puritans to avoid religious persecution.
• Pennsylvania was settled by the Quakers, who wanted freedom to practice their faith without interference.
• Georgia was settled by people who had been in debtors’ prisons in England.
This set includes:
1 activity sheet
1 answer key
Copyright © King Virtue’s Classroom • www.kingvirtuesclassroom.com • All rights reserved.