Learn about life in the colonial northeast . Each group pretends to be a colonial family trying to survive in the New World. As they read about the hardships that colonists faced, groups are confronted with a problem that they must work together to solve. Once the groups have solved each problem, students can share their solutions with other groups. These activities can lead to great small group and whole group discussions.
All topics include informational text and "what would you do" activities:
- What and where are the New England colonies
- Why Live in New England? texts and activities
- Life as a Colonist
- Colonist Concern: Weather
- Colonist Concern: Land Conflicts
- Colonist Concern: Choosing a Job
- Colonist Concern: Native Americans
- Colonial Life: Cause and Effect Graphic Organizer
- Colonial 3-2-1 Chart
- New England Quiz (10 questions) and Answer Key
- Rubrics and answer keys
*** This is part of a future bundle of the Thirteen Original Colonies.