This NO PREP Colonial America unit will help you reinforce your teaching as your students learn about the original thirteen colonies of British Colonial America. Included in this unit:
1) Thirteen Colonies True of False – This is a fun
way to study for the end of your unit test. Use this as a center, or place each card under your document camera while the students answer on their response sheets. If you have students who need extra support, use these cards in a small teacher-led group and discuss the answers orally.
2) Geography of the Colonial Regions – This flip-flap book can be completed independently by the students after studying all of the regions and the geography of each.
3) A Day in My Colonial Life – After learning about
the differences in the responsibilities and activities of the present and the past, students will write about what a day might have been like during colonial times.
4) The Answer Is… - Students will use vocabulary
terms learned from the unit to show their understanding by writing questions that would have the words as the answers.
5) Name That Colony Scavenger Hunt – Place the cards around the room to get your students up and moving. Students will identify the colony that answers each question.