Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
4.55 MB | 45 pages
Use this kit to kick-start your unit on early American history! This is a resource that can be used to teach a variety of topics, such as the founding of the 13 colonies or simply the events leading up to the first thanksgiving.
When you purchase this resource, you will receive:
- an introduction to the setting and time period which engages students to act as a child living in England. Students will imagine that they are preparing to leave for the New World with the very first settlement and will write a letter to their families explaining where and why they are leaving. (example letter included)
- A 21 page journal printable for students to write about their experiences as they travel to the New World and attempt to settle the first colonies. (printing instructions included)
- a timeline dating from 1585 (the very first attempt to settle in the New World) - 1620s (the first Thanksgiving)
- a blank timeline (that matches the original timeline) for students to take notes as they learn about major events
- an original drawing of a traditional colonial man and woman (use as a mini-poster or reference to guide students to draw them in their journals and label the traditional articles of clothing. Vocab list included.)
- event Cards for land and sea to engage students with realistic scenarios as they "travel" (printing instructions included)