Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
Take your students back in time with this interactive unit on Colonial America. The unit has everything you need to teach your students about what life was like in the 1600-1700's.
In this unit you will find the following resources:
1) Detailed Teacher Guide with everything you need for each lesson. All needed resources are downloadable directly from the guide making prep a breeze! The teacher guide includes a unit overview and detailed daily lesson plans (some lasting more then 1 day) The lesson plans include easy-to-follow information about student objectives, materials needed, teacher preparation required, and the steps on how to conduct the lesson. You'll even find sample anchor charts and answer keys embedded right into the teacher guide.
2) Student Activity Packet - Student activities to go along with the daily lessons (All students resources are printable OR google classroom compatible.)
3) 30+ anchor slides to go along with each lesson. This anchor lessons are provided in PowerPoint, PDF, and PNG image files to meet your needs.
4) A 60+ (full-colored) piece Bulletin Board set to reinforce learned concepts
4) Reader's theater script to teach how colonists arrived in America (Also available in google slides)
5) 2 originally written articles to teach content about Colonial America (Also available in google slides)
6) Link & Think Digital Learning Guide scavenger hunt for students to explore on a computer, iPad, tablet, chrome book, etc. Students will complete this scavenger hunt at the beginning of the unit as a fun way to introduce the concept. The Link & Think is provided in PDF and google slides.
7) Link & Think Digital Learning Guide for students to learn about colonial jobs. The learning guide can be viewed on a computer, iPad, tablet, chrome book (etc.) or even as a whole class. The Link & Think is provided in PDF and google slides.
8) Five learning folders to teach about colonial life (folders included for daily life for men, women, children, slaves, and colonial clothing/style)
9) Picture and informational cards about colonial schools to be used in a small group activity. (Also available in google slides)
10) 60+ bulletin board set to help reinforce concepts taught
11) Review Game
12) Unit assessment (Also available in google forms)
The following topics are covered:
1) How and why colonists arrived in America
2) Colonial homes and villages
3) Colonial schools
4) Daily life for colonial men, women, children, and slaves
5) Colonial clothing and style
6) Colonial jobs/trades
7) The three major regions of the colonies (Southern, Middle, and New England colonies)
The lessons include a variety of formats including small group discussions and learning groups, individual exploration, and whole-class instruction.
Please check out the detailed sample to see a better glimpse of all this unit has to offer! In all, there are over 250 pages, slides, and printable resources to get you set up with a successful unit!
You may also like:
Purchase 3 or more units and save up to 20% by using one of my "Curriculum Bundles" options! See details below: