This fun, semester-long unit covers Colonial America for grades 3-8 (it can be adapted for many ages).
1. 6 Individual parts that can be completed together or seperately
2. Easy step by step lessons
3. Hands-on Activities such as crafts & cooking
4. Book and video suggestions with a link to the Colonial America list on Amazon for easy ordering
5. Online activities with links
6. Links to hand-outs from EdHelper
7. Discussion starters
8. Reflection area for teachers to document what worked well for their class, what could be changed and new resources found while doing the unit
This unit meets many social studies standards and meets the needs of a diverse classroom. It can be easily adapted for students with special needs and works well for different learning styles.
The multi-sensory approach for learning history will make it easier for your students to:
stay on task
show interest and motivation for learning
involve their parents and community
compare and contrast colonial life with today