Compressed Zip File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing. How to unzip files.
5.44 MB | 15+ pages
This fun, choice-driven, and leveled PBL unit allows students to experience what it was like to be a youngster in the English Colonies while they learn all about them in an engaging manner. Students begin their journey as apprentices, but as they learn more and more about the thirteen English colonies they progress up the ladder while you visibly represent their status on the wall of your classroom. Only by completing an a final hands-on project will they reach the rank of master, giving them an incentive to learn even more about colonial trade and the mercantile economy that helped America grow.
This unit plan is designed to utilize your schools textbook, but introduce then material in a fun and interactive way.
Unit Content Goals: Student Will . . .
- Learn the major geographic features of the thirteen colonies.
- Understand the differences between the 3 cultural regions in the colonies.
- Compare and contrast key aspects of both agrarian and urban dwelling.
- Learn about the First Great Awakening and the evolution of democracy in England and the colonies.
- Be able to identify the major social classes in the colonies.
- Learn about how early colonial law and justice worked.
- Identify major parts of the early American diet.
This unit pack includes BOTH the Thirteen Colonies Map Project and Poster Project offered by my store. I've used this with both 5th and 8th graders for five years and its a huge hit!