This activity can be as grand as having groups present to younger grades, or just present to their class, to convince people to sail across the sea and settle in each colony of the United States. This can be collaborative of competitive. Students design and deliver a complete ad presentation with the advantages of each colony's geography, economy, or freedom and present a a fun and accurate persuasive presentation.
This resource includes the deliverables for Middle School students, the grading scale, some photo examples of finished tri-fold boards, and handouts for student requirements.
This is hands down one of my favorite things I have ever created for 8th Grade Social Studies and it really brings history to life in a fun way for students studying the American Colonies.
Try my TOP 6 Middle School History Resources in my HaugerHistory TPT Store!
6. Colonial Sales Booth Project Students Sign Up Settlers to the Colonies
5. Free: Geometry Walk: Take Math Outside
4. Sub-Saharan Africa Matching Vocabulary Terms and Extra Detail Test
3. 3 Months of Reflective Journal Writes from History December Winter Prompts
2. Create Your Own Feudal Empire Project Students Create A Middle Ages Country
1. 5 Keys to Winning Speech and Debate for Students by a Debate Chamption
And whether you buy or not, enjoy one of my acoustic-alt-rock songs, free! “Careless in My Sleep” Careless in My Sleep