This activity should be completed following research over the 13 British Colonies in North America
1. Each student will pick / be assigned one of the 13 colonies
2. One the front they must use their knowledge of the region / geography of their colony to draw a picture that would best represent the economy and lifestyle of that specific colony
3. One the back side they will use their research to advertise three reasons why their colony is the best and create a slogan or catch phase.
- ex. I had a student write for Pennsylvania - "don't be weak - just grow wheat"
4. Then for critical writing have the students the last 5 minutes of class - "mail" their postcard to another student in class. This student must respond from their viewpoint as a colony and provide feedback to why they are similar or different.