Have your kiddos seen the Dumbo movie with all of the brightly colored elephants “on parade”?
With that idea in mind, I designed this Color Activities packet that's differentiated for PK-1st grade.
I've also included the UK "colours" and "grey" spelling options.
I chose elephants because I wanted to use the packet in March with my Dr. Seuss “Horton Hears A Who” activities, as well as revisit some of these things when we study zoo animals, after our field trip in June.
The packet includes:
* 2 Seuss-quote posters featuring zany elephants. Use them to introduce the matching writing prompts.
* “Wild & Crazy Elephant Memory Match” game, with a matching “color me” worksheet.
* Pocket chart cards for 12 colors, with matching bookmark.
My students keep theirs in their writing journals.
* An emergent reader “Elephant Colors” booklet, filled with lots of Dolch sight words.
* Favorite color elephant graphing extension, with matching “color me” worksheet.
* A “Roll and Color” dice game, with numbers 1-6 for PK children, plus a game sheet for numbers 1-12 with addition practice and two dice for older kiddos.
* ”Colorful Elephants” Memory Match game. Little ones can match elephant to elephant, while older students match elephant to color word.
* 2 full-color number puzzles (sequencing numbers from 1-10 for PK kiddos, plus skip counting by 10s to 100 for older students.
* 2 “color me” black and white number puzzles.
* Color mixing (primary to secondary colors) pocket chart cards, with a matching black & white template for students to color.
I staple these together as a flip booklet & have my students write the color words under the “equations”, plus . . .
* A “mixing colors” elephant craftivity.
My students absolutely LOVE mixing colors with finger paints. They get so excited when a new color appears as if by “magic”.
The results are awesome and make an interesting bulletin board. A caption could be: “Mixing It Up In (Kindergarten)”.
I’m Diane from Teach With Me, hoping your students enjoy these elephant-themed color activities.