Included in Freebie:
- Beginning reader, stage 2 using simple verb phrase
- Picture support
**This is book 7 out of 12 in the paid version**
Our Big Idea:
We created this resource so that a teacher can choose from the 12 books to teach the same vocabulary and concepts at different levels at the same time. Every classroom is different, and every student is different, so you have options as to where you begin and end without having to re-invent the wheel for each group.
Included with full purchase:
“Red” series progression
- Books 1-4: noun phrases (no period needed)
- Books 5-8: verb phrases (period needed)
- Books 9-12: sentences
- Use for guided or shared reading
- High Frequency Words/Sight Words are listed on the back of each book for teachers, parents, and students
- A, the, I, see, and red
-Begin each reading group time with a graphic organizer lesson done whole group about the color you will be reading.
- Students work independently while you meet with 3 small groups and read the leveled book that is appropriate for each group.
- Mix & Match “a”/“the” pages for a more difficult read
-The 12 Books are divided into 3 levels. The teacher starts with one from each level to teach the same thing to all 3 groups, using the same picture support and vocabulary for all 12 books, thereby diminishing the set up time.
-Pages in each level are interchangeable to increase the difficulty of the read.
-Assessment can be made up of 1 page from each book to determine where your student is successful or may need more instructional support.
-The books are set up to be copied back-to-back, stapled at the left side, and cut down the middle on the line. You run half the number of sets as there are students in your group, staple and cut, and pass out to your readers.
-After small reading group time, revisit the graphic organizer as a whole class to continue and add to the color conversation and discuss the reading.
-All books in this set have the same objects- the only thing that is different is the difficulty of the book.
-Follow up with each student drawing/writing about other items of the color you are working on.
Skills Strengthened using this series:
- 1 to 1 correspondence
- Matching pictures to print
- Using illustrations to help “clue” reading
- Predictable pattern
- 4 sight words and 1 color word included in each set, so readers can advance as you teach the colors.
- Word work, sentence building, partner practice, reading/learning centers, etc.
- Follow-up after reading so children can re-tell the story