Included in Freebie:
- Flashcards that match the leveled readers for "Red" set
Our Big Idea:
We created this resource so that a teacher can choose from the 12 books to teach the same vocabulary and concepts at different levels at the same time. Every classroom is different, and every student is different, so you have options as to where you begin and end without having to re-invent the wheel for each group.
Included with full purchase:
“Red” series progression
- Books 1-4: noun phrases (no period needed)
- Books 5-8: verb phrases (period needed)
- Books 9-12: sentences
- Use for guided or shared reading
- High Frequency Words/Sight Words are listed on the back of each book for teachers, parents, and students
- Begin whole-class and discuss objects that are red
- Students work independently while you meet with a small group and read the leveled book that is appropriate for that group.
- After meeting with all groups, meet whole class and discuss the reading. All books in this set have the same objects- the only thing that is different is the difficulty of the book!
- Mix & Match “the”/“a” pages for a more difficult read
Skills Strengthened using this series:
- 1 to 1 correspondence
- Matching pictures to print
- Using illustrations to help “clue” reading
- Predictable pattern
- 4 sight words and 1 color word included in each set, so readers can advance as you teach the colors.
- Word work, sentence building, partner practice, reading/learning centers, etc.
- Follow-up after reading so children can re-tell the story