Color By Number Math and Language Arts Activities about Winter Fun
Also included in
- These resources let your students practice or review a variety of English Language Arts and Math skills by using task cards or doing color-by-number activities. All the resources are appropriate for English Language Learners as well as your other students.✓ Please Note:* You can purchase all 5 resoPrice $11.52Original Price $18.00Save $6.48
These 5 color-by-number activities include 3 Math activities and 2 English Language Arts activities about improper fractions, equivalent fractions, a review of basic arithmetic, and the homophones to, too, two and they're, their, there. Every color-by-number picture is a symbol of winter or a winter holiday: fireworks, a sled, a Christmas tree, a mug of hot chocolate, and a menorah.
✓ Please Note:
* The menorah activity is available in a free sampler HERE to give you an idea of the complete resource.
* This resource is available in a money-saving bundle with 4 other winter-themed products; you can find it HERE.
Resource at a Glance:
* They will practice writing equivalent fractions and improper fractions, do simple arithmetic problems, use to/two/two and there/their/they’re correctly in sentences. * They will reinforce their comprehension of color words.
* They will practice following directions to correctly color in pictures of winter-themed images.
* Students write their own sentences using the 2 sets of homophones.
* English Language Learners at lower levels of language proficiency.
* Elementary students learning these math and ELA concepts.
* These activities can be used as a fun review for the Math and English Language Arts concepts after teaching them.
* The activities can be used to assess how well students understand the concepts.
* They can be used in centers, as homework, extra credit, and/or fillers at the beginning or end of a class.
What teachers who have used this resource say:
♥ "Great ways to review!" -- Jennifer M.
♥ “Fun activity!” -- Made by Mac
What you get in this product:
★ A Notes to the Teacher page (1 page)
★ A table of contents for quick reference (1 page)
★ A list of the ELA and Math Common Core standards this product helps address (2 pages)
★ 5 color-by-number activities about: improper fractions, equivalent fractions, the homophones to, too, two and they're, their, there, basic arithmetic problems, in both full color and minimal color versions (40 pages)
This resource is aimed at upper elementary students and ELLs at beginning and early intermediate proficiency levels of English. Students can all work on the same activity or they can work on different activities--there is no set order to them. They can do the activities in centers, as reviews, or as fillers just for fun.
Each activity consists of:
* A student worksheet page with questions and spaces to write answers
* An answer key that you or your students can use to check the work
* A page with an image outlined on it for students to color in according to the directions on the worksheet
* A page showing what the colored-in picture looks like so students can check if they followed the directions correctly
Each activity comes in a full color version as well as a version with minimal color on the student worksheet and answer key pages. These pages can be printed in black-and-white to save on printer ink, if desired. The minimal color pages with the images are the same as those in the color version but are included in that section for your convenience.
All but 1 of the activities helps meet an ELA or Math Common Core standard. A list of the standards this resources helps address is provided.
Let your students have some winter fun with these 5 Language Arts and Math activities!
You might also be interested in these seasonal products:
★ Winter Holiday Task Cards: Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa Facts & Grammar Review
★ Christmas and Chanukah Vocabulary Boom Cards™ (Distance Learning)
★ Multilingual Merry Christmas & Happy Hanukkah Posters
★ Christmas & Chanukah Word Search & Crossword Puzzles
★ Thanksgiving Math: Fraction Task Cards for ELLs & Mainstream Students (including Google Drive™ versions)
★ Multilingual Signs BUNDLE: Hello! & Welcome & Happy New Year -- polka dot theme
If you would like to receive updates about my new products, please click HERE or on the green star under my store name at the top of your screen.
You can earn TpT credits that reduce the cost of your future purchases by giving feedback about this product. Just click on the "Comments & Ratings" tab after downloading to leave a comment and a rating. It's that easy!
Thank you and happy teaching!
Common Core Standards © Copyright 2010. National Governors Association Center for Best Practices and Council of Chief State School Officers. All rights reserved. Any claims of correlation or alignment to the CCSS Standards are solely those of The ESL Nexus and have not been evaluated or endorsed by the NGA. The ESL Nexus is the sole creator of this product and does not claim endorsement or association with the creators of the CCSS standards.