Color-By-Skill NO-Prep Language Pack! Back To School Theme
Completely updated July 2016!
Color-by-number NO PREP
pages for each of the following skills (24 coloring pages total) in a fun back to school theme.
No assembly required! Just print and use!
Materials needed: 6 sided die (or use a dice app!) and crayons (you can use markers or colored pencils too).
How to Use: The students roll a die and answer the target question that matches the number. After that, they color the part of the picture with the same number (they can choose the color). If they have colored a space and roll that number again, you can have them come up with another answer (for example: they could think of 2 more farm animals) or answer the next question (some of the targets have 2 questions per die to account for the same number being rolled more than once). I also have them color in the die when they roll an number for the second time (to keep their hands as busy as possible!) Continue this until the whole picture is colored.
Some images have different parts with the same number. You can decide if they color only one part when they roll that number or all of the parts with that number (I recommend only one part to make the activity last longer).
• Categories: The student has to name 2 categories on each roll. If the students rolls a number they have already colored, have them name 2 additional item in the category (or at least one more).
• Compare/Contrast: The student has to tell how 2 objects are the alike or different, depending on what number they roll. If the students rolls a number they have already colored, have them try to think of another way the objects are alike/different.
• WH-Questions: There are separate pages for who, what, when, and where questions. These are simple questions for them to answer. If the students rolls a number they have already colored, have them answer the next question. If the number is rolled a 3rd time have them ask a friend in the group the question.
• Associations: These have simple cloze phrases with common associations. If the students rolls a number they have already colored, have them answer the second question. If a number is rolled a 3rd time, they could try to come up with an alternate association for the object.
• Describing: The student will name a describing word about the target based on a sensory cue (what does it look like, what does is smell like, how does it feel, how does is sound, how does it taste?) There are two targets by each die. If they roll the number more than twice, you can have them ask a friend to describe the object.
• Opposites: These are basic opposites. Have the student name the opposite listed by the number they rolled. Each die has 2 targets. If the students rolls a number a 3rd time, have them ask a friend in the group to name one of the opposites.
Check out all of my back to school products!
• Back 2 School NO-PREP Language Pack
• Unpack the Bag Interactive Book
• Dab-A-Sound Back 2 School Edition
• Getting to Know You in Speech NO-PREP packet
• Color by Skill NO-PREP pack Back to School Edition
• Glue It! Phonological Processes
• Listen Up! Classroom Edition FREEBIE
• Articulation Classroom
• Pack the Bag Artic
I also have this in a October, November/Thanksgiving, and Christmas Theme.
Click Here for the October/Halloweenl Pack!
Click Here for the November/Thanksgiving Pack!
I have also opened a Font Shop! Click here to see all of the Panda Fonts available!
All rights reserved to Mandi SLP of Panda Speech LLC. This original activity was imagined and created by Amanda Schaumburg 2015, all rights reserved.
Leave feedback to earn TPT credits but as always email me first
with any questions or concerns! I am happy to resolve any
issues or questions you have email@example.com