Keep little hands busy and little minds thinking with Color Clips! This interactive activity is great for students working on color concepts and language skills.
You can watch this VIDEO
to see what comes with this material and for some activity ideas!
- One large color image for each of the following colors: red, orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, pink, brown, gray, white, and black.
- 10 object clips for each color previously listed
- 10 color clips for each color previously listed
-12 sentence strips for each color previously listed
- 1 worksheet for each color previously listed
- Workbook cover sheet so students can take all of their worksheets and make their own COLOR BOOK!
How to Play:
- Laminate all pages for durability. Cut out each, large color image.
- Cut out each color and object square and attach it to a clothespin.
Then, cut the color sentence strips and attach them to a ring.
- Have the student clip each object square to the large color image .
Students may use a carrier phrase, “The ________ is (color).”
- Included in the set of squares are 10 color squares. These may be placed around the room on objects that match the targeted color or given to students to place on objects with the matching color.
- Students may use the included color strips to assist in sentence generation. They may match the image to the correct strip and use the phrase on the strip to assist in sentence generation.
- There is a strip with a ‘?’ on it. You may place this strip in front of the student and the squares on the table. You may describe the specific square you are targeting and the student my choose the correct square and clip it into the phrase.
- Students may retrieve a color clip that has been placed around the room and attach it to the phrase strip, filling in the color with the item it was attached to.
-Once a student has completed the desired activities for each color, they may complete the included worksheet for each. When each worksheet has been completed, students may put them together to make their own ‘Color Book’. A cover is included on page 4.
Other 'Clip' activities you may like are Pronoun Clips
and Grammar Clips