Also included in
- Finding text evidence and citing text evidence are two reading skills that need to be modeled, practiced, and spiraled all year for our students to truly be successful.NOTE: All of resources in this text evidence bundle now include BOTH printable and digital versions. The digital versions are create$18.00$26.00Save $8.00
Make finding text evidence more engaging with these no-prep “Color Code the Evidence” Printables!
Now includes a Google Slides version for digital distance learning. See page 3 for more details and the link!
- Have your students practice making inferences and finding matching text evidence with these printables that include color coding text evidence options.
- There are 16 printables in all in two sets.
Note: These "Color Code the Evidence Printables" require inferencing and are written at a 4th and 5th grade reading level. If you teach 4th grade and have struggling readers, I don't recommend this without significant support and modeling.
* Each printable in this set includes a text and a set of questions.
* The printables are available in two versions.
- Version 1 – The students answer the question and then color code the text evidence.
- Version 2 – The students answer the question and then summarize the text evidence that supports the answer.
*There are 11 printables in this set.
*Each printable includes a text and a set of statements/inferences. The students will find the evidence that supports the statement/inference and underline it. They will then summarize that evidence.
*There is also a color coding option included for these printables.
*There are 5 printables in this set.
- This text evidence resource now incudes a Google Slides version. Please see the details and link on page 3 to get access.
- The Google Slides version includes text boxes for the students to type their answers and transparent colored rectangles for the students to "color" the text evidence.
These "Color Code the Text Evidence" printables can be used for:
- Whole group instruction
- Reading or literacy centers
- Small group instruction
- Reading test prep
- Technology center or digital learning
Need More Reading Resources for 4th and 5th Grade?