This is one project in a series of Montessori based, project-driven units created for students to practice their math skills while performing meaningful, practical work. Projects for each unit are integrated with cross-curricular subjects such as business, charity, art, music, science, cooking, woodworking, sewing, and mathematical exploration.
As part of this package, you will receive:
• Editable Student Map
o A colorful map which details each step of the unit for students to guide themselves
o Key lessons in the map showing you what skills need to be learned before each step of the project can be performed
• Teacher Overview
o Description of each project step
o Discussion tips and helpful hints
o Differentiation suggestions to meet the needs of every student
• Step by Step Graphic Organizers
o Organized pages so students can work through project steps as independently as possible
This project, Color Gradients, takes students through the idea of color theory as a way to explore the number line. They will create a double primary color wheel and double primary color palette. The skills needed for each step of the project cover seventh grade Common Core Number Systems for mathematics.
Make sure to check out the full unit Integer Operations for many other resources including:
• Three additional project choices based on charity, chemistry, and business featuring colorful step by step instructions for students
• Video lessons using Montessori materials
• Practice sheets, matching cards, enrichment activities, and vocabulary
• Quizzes, pre and post assessments, project and presentation rubrics
• And answer keys to everything!