I use this Color High Frequency and Exemplar tracker everyday. The .pdf version is ready to print and use, and the Excel version is editable. If you need an easy, efficient way to track sight words, than enjoy this tracker!
- 3 page Color HFW Tracker (editable .xls and easy-to-print .pdf)
- Words grouped by Reading Level in ABC order
- Print 1 entire document for each student
- Give HFW placement test (check known words, leave unknown blank)
- Teach unknown HFW in Guided Reading, etc. (make a tally mark each time the student has meaningful practice with unknown words - after 4 practices student should know it - highlight once word is known)
**Always teach earlier level unknown words when there are gaps below the student's reading level
- Bolded words are great for teaching students unknown parts or letters (underlined)