Watch how the three primary colors of light add in different combinations variety of colors including white. Next colored filters are used to show how objects appear under different colors of light. While you could memorize all of the different combinations, how much easier to learn the logic of how the colors combine. These two different lab explorations can be used alone or in tandem, depending on your equipment and needs.
• Color mixing (additive and subtractive)
• How our eyes see color
• Why objects are the color they are
SOME OF THE SKILLS AND TASKS INVOLVED:
• Use pigments to show subtractive color mixing.
• Use colored lights/filters to show additive color mixing.
• Deduce the color an object will appear depending on its color and the color of the illuminating light.
These experiments are part of a complete unit, titled, Light, Optics, & Color and can be seen here: Complete Unit: Light, Optics, & Color
To see the companion curricular piece click here:
Color Mixing & Filters