Oh, the Self-Portrait!
It is important; it is part of most, if not all curricula for every grade level, but...
who wants to do the same thing year after year?
Teachers don't and students don't either.
Why not do something a little different this year?
I have taught this lesson to grades 4-8, but believe that early high school would appreciate the technology piece as well.
This lesson includes key art concepts:
- Color Theory Families (warm, cool, tertiary, analogous, primary, secondary, and complementary)
- Patterns with Shapes and Lines
• Sample Daily Lesson Outline
• Detailed Project Instructions with Pictures
• Printable Pre and Post Assessments
• Students Examples: Grade 4, 5, and 7
Try My Other Lesson from Experience Watercolor Seascape Lesson
Thank you and Enjoy!
Lauren from Art Lab