This is an 88 page Color and Color Word Unit. It is the best value out there. I have used it for over 35 years. I decided to make it digital and share it with those who want their children or students to have fun learning their colors and color words.
For many of the pages you will only have to print once and then laminate.
1. 11 - colors (red, green, yellow, blue, orange, purple, brown, black, gray, white. pink).
2. A sentence strip with a sentence for each color. (ex., “Red, red, the __ is red.”) . (Suggestion: run on tag and laminate.)
3. 8 - color related picture cards with words for each color. The pictures fit on sentence’s blank line. (Suggestion: run on tag and laminate.)
4. An 8 page mini book using the sentence frame with the rebus pictures from above. (Just cut apart and staple on top of a colored piece of paper or construction paper.)
5. A cover for a class color book.
6. Three different writing sheets. Two of them with a sentence frame (ex., “Red, red, the __ is red.”). The third writing sheet has blank lines. All pages include a picture frame for students to draw and color an object for the color being studied. These pages work perfectly for your class book.
Common Core Standards: Reading standards: foundational skills Print concepts: (K/1: 1. Demonstrate understanding of the organization and basic features of print.) Phonics and Word Recognition (K/1: 3. Know and apply grade level phonics and word analysis skills in decoding words both in isolation and text.)
Please check out my blog for other ideas on teaching.
Please leave feedback so you can get credit for future purchases.