This set of color by code sight words includes six printable pages all with an ocean theme. Each page uses a different set of high frequency words. There is a sentence at the bottom of the student pages which the children can practice reading. They can also highlight or underline the sight words that are within the sentence. An answer key is included so students can check their own work.
Here is a list of the sight words used for each page:
1. Whale: down, find, long, its, day, now
2. Octopus: come, get, may, did, made, part, over
3. Shark: sound, work, take, only, little, new
4. Island: give, me, back, live, years, place, know
5. Pair of Fish: just, our, very, most, thing, after, name
6. Single Fish: great, man, say, good, sentence, where, think
Here are the sentences that are used for each page:
1. Whale: The whale waved its tail as the sun went down.
2. Octopus: Did you get a picture of the octopus?
3. Shark: The shark investigates a new sound it hears.
4. Island: Take me back to the place I love the most.
5. Pair of Fish: The name of our home is the Pacific Ocean.
6. Single Fish: I think the ocean is a great place to live!
Color by code is a great review activity, station area, or could also be included with a summer take-home pack. Children that love to color will enjoy coloring by code to reveal the pictures!
This is the third set in a series of "Color by Code" sight words with themes. The other themes are: Food and Pirates. A bundle deal is offered with a small discount price compared to the total of the three individual sets.