These color by READING SOUND activities will provide your students with meaningful practice in READING and SPELLING patterns. The best thing is that these activities can be used in combination with any spelling & reading curriculum because they support the skills you are already teaching!
+++50% OFF FLASH DEAL+++ The price will go up in 72 hrs. and it will increase once I add new activities.
I created this resource because my students frequently struggle to recognize phonics rules and apply them in reading and spelling. Sometimes even good readers don’t recognize these patterns and apply them. I HAVE NOT FOUND ANYTHING LIKE THIS ON THE MARKET!
Each of these 18 activities focuses on sound variations made by single letters or letter combinations like vowel diagraphs or diphthongs.
• Short E & Long E
• Short I & Long I
• Short O & Long O
• Short U & Long U
• Y says /y/, Long I, Long E, & Short I
• Soft C & Hard C
• Soft G & Hard G
• S says /s/ & /z/
• Short Vowels with CK & Long Vowels with K
• TH Voiced & Unvoiced
• Long OO & Short OO
• OW says /ow/ & Long O
• OU says /ow/ & Short U
• IE says Long E & Long I
• EA says Short E, Long E, & Long A
• EAR says /ear/, /air, & /er/
• ED says /id/, /d/, & /t/
Additional Skills to be Added:
• Long I at the end of open syllables (silent)
• Long A at the end of open syllables (baby)
• Long O at the end of open syllables (motel)
• Long U at the end of open syllables (music)
• Short vowel before doubled consonants (tapping) & Long vowel before single consonants (taping)
Please leave suggestions for additional skills in feedback. I will continue to update.