Traditional domino game with color words and color swatches instead of dots. Students match color word to correct color swatch.
Download includes two identical sets of domino cards (20 cards each)- one set with color words printed in the appropriate color (e.g. "red" printed in red, "blue" printed in blue, etc) and one set with color words all printed in black.
To prepare dominoes:
1. Cut out dominoes along edge to form cards with one color swatch and one color word.
2. Laminate domino cards (optional- place a piece of velcro on back of cards so the game can be played on a felt board which would prevent the pieces from sliding around.)
Directions for game play:
-Pass out all game pieces (except one) evenly to players (modifications- teacher can do this step or ask students to help "give one/two/three to Sally")
- Place one leftover domino card in the middle of the table.
- First player picks one card that corresponds to either the color swatch or color word and places it so the matching word and swatch sides are touching.
- Second/third/fourth players continue the same way until one person uses up all of their dominoes.
- Game can be played so that a turn is skipped when a player does not have a matching domino card or you can create a reserve pile that contains extra domino cards to be picked up when the player does not have a match.
Download comes with 40 word/swatch combination domino cards total.