Colorado History is a Common Core and State-aligned Resource with SIX Content-Based lessons of Nonfiction Informational Text. For less than $3.90 per lesson, we've packed this Bundle with engaging higher and lower level hands-on activities that students need to learn about Colorado History:
• questions after each lesson to assess Informational Text comprehension
• Language Skills activities to foster Literacy in Social Studies
• Primary and Secondary Source Differentiation
• how-to-draw activities following directions to practice Functional Text comprehension
• thought-provoking Discussion Questions to stimulate Critical Thinking
• Reference Mapping skills using Cardinal and Intermediate directions
• Grid Math utilizing number and letter pairs to solve mystery puzzles
• historical Time Lines utilizing picture cues – great for ELL students
• Creative and Expository Writing practice – pre-writing questions help guide students
• Journal Writing Project from a Pioneer's point of view traveling along the Santa Fe Trail
• Vocabulary Quizzes
Students will practice Functional Text Comprehension by following written directions to assemble a model of a Pueblo Dwelling – all patterns and step-by-step instructions included!
Colorado's Ancient Peoples
Americans in Colorado
The Mexican War
Colorado's Territorial Days
We've included a context-appropriate Colorado Glossary, Answer Pages, and Grading Rubrics for the higher level Writing activities and projects.
Download the Colorado History Preview to see the complete Table of Contents, Lesson Plans, Common Core and State Standard Alignment, sample lessons, and activities.
OUR OTHER COLORADO AND WEST REGION RESOURCES:
COLORADO GEOGRAPHY BUNDLE OF EIGHT LESSONS
COLORADO ANIMALS BUNDLE OF EIGHT LESSONS
COLORADO GOVERNMENT & ECONOMY BUNDLE OF EIGHT LESSONS
WEST REGION INTERACTIVE NOTEBOOK BUNDLE
Splash! Publications. Created by Teachers. It Just Makes Sense.
RATING COLORADO HISTORY EARNS YOU TPT CREDITS TO USE TOWARD FUTURE PURCHASES AND GIVES US A WARM FUZZY FEELING!
(c) 2012-Splash! Publications. Permission is granted to original purchasers to reproduce material as designated only for classroom use. No other part of this work may be reproduced in any form or by any electronic or mechanical means including information storage and retrieval systems without written permission from the publisher, except by a reviewer, who may quote brief passages in a review.