This packet is designed to help your students practice following a variety of 1-3 step directions containing a variety of basic concepts.
The first section of this packet contains 152 following directions flashcards (pages 4-41). The flashcards all include pictures of a fish bowl with 5 different fish. Here is a list of all the concepts targeted:
1) Color – 9 cards
2) Size + color- 10 cards
3) Negatives- 10 cards
4) First, Then with colors- 10 cards
5) First, Then with size and colors- 10 cards
6) And/Or with colors- 10 cards
7) And/Or with size and colors- 10 cards
8) Before with size and colors- 10 cards
9) After with size and colors- 10 cards
10) Conditionals- 10 cards
11) All, except- 10 cards
12) All, some, one- 10 cards
13) First, second, third, last (1-step)- 10 cards
14) First, second, third, middle, last (2-steps) – 10 cards
15) 3- step directions- 13 cards
The second section of this packet contains larger following directions mats with question cards (pages 42-51) Students are asked to point to fish on the mats. There are 8-10 fish per mat and each mat addresses a different set of concepts. 5 mats with 20 following directions prompts each.
The third section contains basic concepts mini-books (pages 52-76). Students are asked to follow directions that contain the concepts “big/little, top/bottom, before/after, first/second/third, first/middle/last” by coloring fish. There are 5 different mini-books included. There are also two different following directions mats that involve coloring (pages 77-79).
The last section contains a following directions mat with manipulative pieces (pages 80-83). Cut out the manipulative pieces and have your students place them on the mat. There are 40 different following directions prompts.