"The world is a rainbow of colors. Let's learn the colors of our clothes. . . I can nod my head in my black hat. . . I can wiggle in my pink pajamas . . . I can stomp my feet in my red boots!" Use this cute song and these materials to help your children learn to identify colors and build academic vocabulary.
*Lesson Objective: Children will learn to recognize the basic colors (orange, yellow, green, blue, purple, pink black, white and brown).
*Early Learning Standard Strands:
-Sort by color
*Academic Vocabulary: rainbow, colors, clothes, black, pink, orange, purple, red, brown, white, blue, yellow, green, hat, pajamas, dress, shorts, boots, shoes, socks, pants, shirt, jacket, head, toe, legs, feet, arms, nod, wiggle, spin, sit, stomp, march, wobble, swing, shakes
*Sight Words (Dolch/Brigance) is, a, of, our, to, I, can, in, my, black, red, brown, white, blue
The download includes:
1. Introduction with Lesson Elements
2. MP3 of Colors Of Our Clothes
3. Lesson Script to help you introduce the song and movements to your classroom complete with recommended booklists and activities to reinforce the learning concept.
4. Lyrics and Movement page
5. Visual Aids1 for displaying on smart board or printing and posting on bulletin board
6. Visual Aids2 for displaying on smart board or printing and posting on bulletin board
7. Bridging Activity1: Black Line Masters for printing flash cards
8. Bridging Activity2: Black Line Masters for printing flash cards
9. Activity Sheet for reinforcement
10. Parent Guide in English
11. Parent Guide in Spanish
Colors Of Our Clothes
by Music, Movement & Magination
is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License