This product relates to activities based on colours.
Aimed at: EYFS/Reception/Year 1/SEN groups.
Ideal to use in a carousel system (group rotation) - each table has a dedicated activity and the children can move round once they have had a go at an activity.
Teachers Notes on activities
-Whole page colour words surrounded by bubbles
-Whole page colour words for children to trace over the dashes
- Colour word cards - upper case letters
- Colour word cards - lower case letters
- Set of colour pictures with labels in the 11 colours listed
- Black and white pictures for children to colour in
- Clipart buttons in a variety of colours
Colours are: red, brown, blue, orange, black, green, grey, yellow, white, purple and pink.
• Activity 1
– You can direct the children to use any colour media to fill in the colour words and the bubbles – paint, crayons, felt tips, pencils.
• Activity 2
– Children join up the dashes to complete the letters and then colour in the word. They can draw things that are usually that colour, e.g. red strawberries, grey pencil, blue sky, yellow sun and so on. First elicit from the children the things they see that are usually that colour.
• Activity 3
– Use IT Paint Palette on computer to create a colourful picture or simply a rainbow. Extension: iIf you have a computer area in your classroom, ask the more able to copy type or write the colours they have used by copying the word cards.
• Activity 4
– Colour sort. Children sort the buttons by colour and glue them in the correct circles. I have included a variety of clipart buttons. You can mix a selection of buttons up for the children to sort.
• Activity 5: Hands-on activity:
Alternatively, put out a selection of real buttons for children sort into colour groups onto the circles and they can say how they have grouped the buttons.
• Activity 6: Word cards (upper/lower case letters):
Lay out blank sugar paper or ordinary paper for children to glue on the colour word card, either upper or lower case, and then colour the letters.
Cut out a selection of different colour pictures for the children and get them to decide which colour pictures they should stick around the name of the card colour. See preview slide.
Colors Activities and Sort colors into groups
Thank you for visiting my store:-)