Shape posters make shape recognition and geometry fun and active. You can use the shape posters during small group, whole group, circle, and center time. You could also just use them for a bright shape display! They have been designed for the junior end of school. Just print, cut, and laminate!
Fun shape activities and games to try:
• Match shape manipulatives or real classroom objects to the shape poster
• Make a book
• Playdoh mats (roll playdoh snakes to make the shape)
• Post in the classroom for students to use as a reference
• Use manipulatives (ex: jewels, coins, beads, pom poms)to trace/make the shape
• Trace shapes with dry erase markers
• Write the Room Shapes
• Hide and Seek Shapes
• Laminate and cover with shaving cream. Trace the shapes in the shaving cream.
• Shape Musical Chairs