Colourful semantics is a system of colour coding the thematic roles in a sentence to add another dimension to language. This will help children, to organise and make sense of the different parts of a sentence.
Colourful Semantics can be used for multiple purposes:
- Vocabulary development
- Sentence structure
- Narrative skills
- Expanding sentence length
- Supporting a child’s ability to answer ‘Wh’ questions.
Use the resources in this pack alongside picture books or toys that the child enjoys or choose some stories that they are doing in class. This way they can really make use of their learning quickly.
This pack includes:
- Who, What doing, What and Where Cue cards
- 4 x different sentence strips
- 45 x 'Who?' cards (15 family members, 15 people in the community and 15 animals)
- 30 x 'What doing?' cards i.e. verb cards
- 60 x 'What?' cards i.e. objects (21 common objects, 15 food items, 8 body parts, 16 animals)
- 24 x 'Where?' cards i.e. locations